GIVE TO SUNSET
From our humble beginnings in 1871 to the present day, Sunset Communities has gratefully accepted contributions from our community. Here are several ways in which you can support Sunset Communities:
Residents’ Assistance Fund (formerly Life Care Fund)
Through the Residents’ Assistance Fund, Sunset makes a clear promise to each and every resident to provide financial support in three distinct ways:
First, we will never ask anyone to leave their home with us, or do without care or services, because they have legitimately exhausted their funds.
Second, to the extent that our funding allows, Sunset invites into our homes older adults who are without money, who are living in unsafe or unhealthy conditions, and who lack family to help them.
Third, the Residents’ Assistance Fund pays for personal items that any resident cannot otherwise afford, and that are necessary for their overall well-being.
There are often items, big and small, that each of our homes could use to enhance day-to-day life. Each home has its own list, and the lists are updated often.
• Reed Diffuser for aromatherapy
• Craft supplies—scissors, cardstock paper, scrapbook paper, scrapbooks, disposable cameras
• Fleece fabric to make blankets
• Classic Hollywood musical DVDs
• Fabric and yarn
• Glass/ceramic kiln
• iPods/iTunes gift cards for music therapy programs
• Fleece fabric and fabric scissors to make blankets
• Small (but not personal-size) CD players
• Supplies to build outdoor raised garden beds
• Digital Camera
• Fabric and ribbon for quilt projects
• DVDs: Comedies, Musicals, and Classics
• 2 iPads for Care Partner Visits with clients
• 1 diffuser for aromatherapy
• iPod docking speakers
• Materials for card making—stamps, scrapbooking items, card stock, etc.
Memorial giving provides a lasting remembrance of a loved one or friend. Your thoughtful gift expresses love and sympathy to the families of those whose memories you have honored, and at the same time provides support for residents living in our communities. The family of those whose memories you honor will receive acknowledgement from us, informing them of your thoughtful tribute.
Sunset Communities’ commemorative-giving program is a wonderful way to pay tribute to a loved one or a special friend in honor of their birthday, anniversary, or special occasion.
Employee Appreciation Fund
There are times when we want to recognize the special efforts of an individual or a team of caregivers. Donating to the Employee Appreciation Fund is a wonderful expression of that gratitude. Each year, these funds are used to provide special parties, fun tokens of recognition such as prizes and gift certificates, and spontaneous expressions of appreciation.
Bequests & Charitable Trusts
If you are considering naming Sunset Communities as a beneficiary in your will or through a charitable trust, please contact us for assistance.